Meal prepping plays such a big role if you want to live a healthy lifestyle. If you prepare your meals in advance, you are less likely to cheat. For this week I opted to make simple yet tasty dishes.
I decided to change my recipe a bit from my usual grilled chicken brown rice combo. Bought Turkey Sausage from SnR and wanted to pair it up with kamote and veggies and honey garlic shrimp with broccoli and brown rice.
Also bought fruits that I had cut and placed in tupperwares so I have snacks for when I’m hungry! You must always prepare snacks as well to avoid binging on bad food.
Honey Garlic Shrimp
– 1/4 cup of Organic soy sauce
-2 cloves of minced garlic
– 1/3 cup of Honey or Agave Sugar
– 1 teaspoon minced ginger ( optional )
-half a kilo of uncooked shrimp
– pinch of salt and pepper
1. Mix together the honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger in a bowl.
2. Add shrimp in a ziploc and place half of the marinade in. Refrigerate for an hour to marinate.
3. Add olive oil in skillet. Cook shrimp on one side — for a minute each then flip shrimp over.
4.Add in remaining marinade.
5.Serve shrimp with sauce over brown rice and vegetables on the side.
You can watch the video here: