After my cheat week in Korea ( I ate the WORLD ) I knew I had to get back on track with my clean eating. Since I had a lot of catching up with work to do, I did not have enough time to meal prep my own food.So I decided to try out Dear Diet Delivery PH!
A few factors that I considered before choosing a diet delivery:
- Price – I paid Php 1,700 for the whole week or Php 340 a day.
- Quality – Even if it was a bit more expensive than other diet deliveries I made sure that the meals I got were nutrient filled. I noticed other companies serve milo, unhealthy desserts ( even Oreo! ) and those are things that won’t do any good to your body. * always remember FOOD AS FUEL *
- Time of Delivery – I prefer that it be delivered in the morning so that the food would be freshly cooked.
- Bacon, Mushroom & Basil Frittata with Pandesal
- Grilled Chicken with Tropical Salsa & Rice
- Double Decker Garden Pizza Slice
- Tripple Berry Muffin
- Fruit of the Day ( Grapes )
- Lemon Water
Let me be honest. Day 1 was tough! I was so used to eating the world then suddenly I had to change my diet. 0 to 100 real quick. haha!
Out of all the dishes of day 1, I really enjoyed the Double Decker Pizza. Why? Because I love Pizza and Cheese!! I decided to half the pizza so I could portion out my meals ( I had half of the double decker for merienda and the other half for dinner after my workout ). I also enjoyed the Fritata but I found it a bit bitin. The chicken and rice meal was alright, personally I feel that it could have been seasoned better. I also found the blueberry muffin a bit dry.
- The Daily Oats Red Velvet Crepe Cake
- Beef Basil Caldereta Rice
- Grilled Pollo ( Chicken) & Corn Salad
- Fruit of the Day
- Detox Water & Coffee
I thought Day 2 would be easier than Day 1. It wasn’t! My favorite meal was the red velvet oats mainly because it was very filling! I had half of it for breakfast and the other half for merienda. ( My officemates said my overnight oats taste better though :p )
The Chicken was a bit bland and the serving was so little!! The beef basil caldereta was really delicious!
- Breakfast Pork Tapa with Dried Biya ( Fish )
- Creamy Tuna Pesto Pasta
- Baked Nachos with BLT Dip
- Oat Granola
- Lemon Water Detox
I loved all my meals for Day 3! I started with the Baked Nachos with BLT Dip. This was very tasty! For lunch, I had the pork tapa with dried fish. I didn’t use the mang thomas sauce and I opted to use vinegar instead. The tapa kept me full until around 4 pm. Had my oats while I was out for a meeting. When I got back to the office and I had the tuna pesto pasta, it was creamy and delicious but again it was bitin.
- Spanish Sardine & Egg Toast
- Hickory-Smoked Pork Tenderloin Sandwich
- Chicken Meatballs Sesame Salad
- Lemon Muffin
- Fruit of the Day
- Detox Water and Coffee
I woke up that day not feeling too hungry so I started with the chicken meatball salad. This was so-so. I enjoyed the spanish sardine and egg toast ( more of the toast ).
Personally, I don’t think that canned sardines should be part of a diet plan. Yes, there are many benefit to eating sardines as it is packed with nutrients but it is also filled with sodium.
I did not bother eating the pork tenderloin sandwich as I am not a fan of pork.
- The Daily Oats Apple and Mixed Berry Crumble
- Bacolod Style Chicken Inasal
- Bulgogi Cheese Steak Sliders
- Peanut Butter Oat Balls
- lemon water and coffee
I had an event early that day so I got to the office around 3 pm. I had lunch out ( hehe sorry diet ) The chicken did not look too appealing to me so I gave that away! I ate the bulgogi with brown rice. The peanut butter oat balls ( not in photo ) tasted okay!
NUTRITION VS. CALORIES
Overall, it was okay! I realized though that the nutrients in what you eat is far more important than counting calories. When I meal prep my own food, the quantity is a bit more than that of the diet delivery but it would keep me full much longer. During the week of Diet Delivery, my officemates noticed how I kept complaining every hour that I was so hungry!! They said that when I bring my own healthy food, I still lose weight and I don’t complain about hunger at all!
If you don’t have the time to prepare your own food then ordering from a diet delivery would be a good option but it’s always best to prepare your own food to see how much salt or how much oil you are using for your meals.
How was your experience with ordering from a Diet Deliver?
Will be sharing with you guys soon on how to Meal Prep 101! 🙂