I’ve been a pescatarian for a couple of months now and I always have to look for alternative sources of protein. I always text my dad prior to coming home to make me something healthy. He usually asks me what I want to eat, then he will do his research on Pinterest then he will go to the grocery. So by the time I get back to Alabang, he has something ready for me! I love you, daddy!
With my busy schedule at work, I don’t get to incorporate vegetables into all my meals. So I make sure when I go home during the weekends, vegetables are a must in my meals. There are a lot of health benefits to eating broccoli! It’s high in fiber, loaded with lots of vitamins, boosts the immune system, fights cancer, regulates blood pressure and many other things!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2.5cm piece fresh ginger, finely sliced into matchsticks
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- half an onion
- 1 tsp red chili
- 500g king prawns
- 200g broccoli, trimmed
- 1 piece red pepper ( chopped )
- Place olive oil in pan in high heat.
- add fresh garlic and ginger (brown slightly)
- add sliced onions and mix.
- place prawns ( cook for 2 – 3 minutes until prawns change color, keep stirring at really high heat )
- Once color has changed, add the raw broccoli ( stir fry, keep moving it around for about 2 – 3 minutes. )
- add black pepper, red chili ( 1 piece)
- add small amount of soy sauce
- Serve on top of a bed of brown rice.